Baby is the size of a
Baby this Week
- Eyebrows, eyelashes and head hair develop.
How Big is Baby?Baby is 10.51 inches long (26.7 cm)
(Measured from crown to heel)
Baby weighs 12.70oz (360 grams)
*Metrics above are estimates of baby at 21 weeks
- Weight gain continues at an average of 10 1/2 oz (300 gms) per week.
- Breasts begin secreting colostrum in preparation for nursing.
- Varicose veins are often the result of rising blood pressure in the lower extremities. This is caused by the enlarged uterus interfering with blood flow between the legs and the heart.
Pregnancy To Do's
- When you sit down, rest your legs on a footstool with your feet elevated.
- Avoid pressure on lower thighs.
- Try not to cross your legs. Support stockings may help.