Baby is the size of an
Baby this Week
- A substance called surfactant forms in the lungs, so baby can function independently at birth.
- Respiratory movements can be detected by ultra-sound.
- You may feel your baby's breathing as "hiccups."
How Big is Baby?Baby is 15.2 inches long (38.6 cm)
(Measured from crown to heel)
Baby weighs 2.54lbs (1153 grams)
*Metrics above are estimates of baby at 29 weeks
- Leg and muscle cramps may be caused by fatigue, pressure exerted on the nerves by the uterus, or by too little calcium or too much phosphorous in your diet.
- 2.3 - 3.5 lb (1 to 1.5kg ) weight gain over the past month. On average 10 1/2 oz (300 gms) a week.
Pregnancy To Do's
- Exercise regularly, especially walking.
- Elevate legs and flex toes when resting.
- Increase milk consumption if you tolerate milk well.