Baby this Week
- Baby is fully developed (Full Term), weighs just over 7lb (3.5kg) and is just over 20inches (51cm) long.
- Over the last few weeks as baby has gained weight, his or her skin has fleshed out and lost its wrinkly appearance.
How Big is Baby?Baby is 20.16 inches long (51.2 cm)
(Measured from crown to heel)
Baby weighs 7.63lbs (3462 grams)
- You have reached 40 Weeks, baby is Full Term and could come any time, however, keep in mind that few babies arrive exactly on their estimated due date.
- Be on the lookout for signs of labor starting. Your waters may break, you may notice loss of amniotic fluid, or the mucus plug may come away. Contractions may start. Contact your medical professional if you have signs of labor.
- During the first stage of labor, the cervix begins to open and becomes thinner in preparation for delivery.
- Once the cervix is fully open and your contractions are every five minutes, you will be in the delivery stage and baby will arrive soon!
Pregnancy To Do's
- Try to relax, knowing there isn't long to go now.